Saturday, September 13, 2008

Eclipse


I just finished Eclipse, 2rd book in the Twilight series. I thought it was good. I had to set it down a couple of times to hold onto the moment before I went forward with reading it. I liked it better than New Moon for sure.

I am looking forward to reading Breaking Dawn, but I did a little research and found some spoilers so I pretty much know what is going to happen. And knowing the outcome, gives me some patience until I can get my hands on a copy of it.

Sad news though....Breaking Dawn is the end of it. Stephenie Meyer doesn't plan on writing another Twilight book. And I think that it is probably for the best. It's nice to have closure. Look at me talk about a book I haven't even read yet. I could totally hate it! We will see.

Let me get back to Eclipse.

****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****

It's not that I'm trying to ruin it for anyone, but just sharing my opinion of a couple of things. I'm not giving away any big secrets....at least I don't think I am.

I was a little annoyed by Bella in this book. For one, why does she object to marrying him so much? Maybe it's just me, because I can't imagine why she seemed so put out by it. I was thinking "Hey you don't want to marry him? Fine! I will!!!!!" lol

And the thing with Jacob. I just don't see how she could be in love with him enough for it to be such turmoil. What a crappy thing to do to Edward. I could have done without all of that.

And lastly...could she be more needy? Seriously, yes it is your fault all of this is happening, but nobody blames you or is mad at you for it. Get over it. I mean, how many pity parties can one person have?

There...I know it's stupid to be mad at a character in a book. Really I'm more annoyed that Stephenie Meyer decided to take that route with it. But it's her book, her story, her characters. To each their own.

No comments: