Friday, October 17, 2008

Flashback Friday Five

This week I didn't forget to do the Flashback Friday Five! As you can see I did not do pictures of my kid's like I said I would last week. I went a different route for this week since today is October 17 and tomorrow the 18th.

Tomorrow marks the 22nd year since my dad passed away in a car accident. I was 10 and I was also the last person to see him alive before he headed home and never made it. I don't have a lot of pictures of him. I'm sure my mom does, but I've posted what I've got.

You can click on any of the pictures to make them bigger.

Here we are at Christmas at my Aunt Ruth's house (my fav place in the world).

In this pic my dad is the one in the center holding the teddy bear. His brother Gary is to his right. My paternal great grandparents are sitting on the left and right. The man standing up on the right's name was Larry and I actually visited him and his family in N. Dakota for my 15th birthday.

That was when I learned there were no more male O'Brien's to carry on my family name. That is why my son Anthony's last name is O'Brien, not Bagby. The baby is my dad's little sister.


This picture was taken exactly 3 months before he died.

And I can't remember October 18th without remembering that it is my cousin Suzette's birthday. She is my favorite cousin, my 2nd favorite relative right behind her mom, my Aunt Ruth.

Here she is with her husband Henry (who I love and miss Happy late Birthday to you) and their son's Christopher and Conner.



No comments: