Friday, January 29, 2010

five stitches

A couple of weeks ago I cut my finger and had to go to the ER and get stitches. Let me tell you how brilliant I am and how I cut my finger.

Aaron had just bought new gel insoles for his shoes and needed them to be cut down to fit. So I took a heavy book, set it on my lap, then used a scrapbooking rotary cutter to cut the insole. It was thick so I pressed down really hard and rolled right off of the book and across my finger. I know, I'm a genius.

Anyhoo, I knew right off that the cut was deep and needed stitches. My wonderful husband told me that it looked fine and to just put a band-aid on it. Nice. To be fair, the cut really didn't look like much (see below) and it didn't hurt at all so since I wasn't running around screaming bloody murder, he thought it was ok. He was wrong. Five stitches.

The doctor was really cool and understanding that I must take pictures of every little thing in my life. Turns out he paid his way through med school doing photography so he was happy to oblige my obsession.

Here is the only part that hurt...injecting the numbing stuff (I don't know what it's called).


Here he told me to get my camera ready because he spread it apart and poured something into it (saline? water? idk).



And after. Five little stitches.

I ended up cutting the stiches out myself (aren't I brave) and now I'm just waiting to it to stop being so sensitive when I hit it against something. I never paid attention before to how much I scrape, rub, bump, etc. my hand into stuff. lol


No comments: