Monday, May 3, 2010

Books I'm taking on the cruise

There hasn't been too much going on at our house this week. We are finally doing better since Caleb died. I think it's been harder on me and Aaron than it has on the kids.

We only have five days left until we head out for our cruise. We definitely need the vacation.

I love to read but never make the time for it so I thought a cruise would be the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax and read some good books. And I need some inspiration and spiritual re-charging, so here are the books I'm taking with me.

I have been wanting to read Eat, Pray, Love for quite awhile now and since they are making the movie, I thought I had better get going on it.

Believing God by Beth Moore. If you know me, you know I love Beth Moore. I have done the Believing God bible study before and I absolutely loved it. I've had this book for quite awhile but haven't sat down to read it yet.

All three of my kids are so completely different personality wise and sometimes I struggle with finding the right way to mix my personality with theirs. Hopefully this book will help me in that department.

I've owned this book for quite awhile and what I've read in it, I've really enjoyed. It will be nice to finally get it finished!

Conversations with God. I got this through Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas. You can only get it there or on their website. I've already started and I love it. You really learn to be comfortable talking to God on a regular basis. It's not just a book you read, you journal in it as well.

And last but certainly not least, my bible. I have to admit that it has been quite awhile since I have picked mine up and read it, so it's definitely time to.


If you have any suggestions for more reading material, just let me know!!

No comments: