Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Water Facts

I bought myself a huge mug from Tom Thumb the other day in order to help myself get in my daily 8 glasses of water. The mug is 64 oz. (exactly what you should drink everyday) and it has water facts all over it.

See, I don't mind drinking water, but I don't think I'm getting as much water as I should everyday. So this way, I can fill it up with water (bottled only, thank you) and drink from it throughout the day. I'm using it as a pitcher. Easy enough.

Here are the water facts the have on the mug. I find them extremely interesting.

  • A mere two percent drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math problems and difficulty focusing!
  • Water regulates the temperature of the human body, carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, cushions joints, protects organs and tissues, and removes wastes.
  • The body is 80% water.
  • We need to drink at least 1/2 our body weight in ounces of water.
  • Water removes harmful toxins from the body.
  • Dehydration slows down the body's metabolism.
  • Lack of h2o causes saytime fatigue.
  • Water plays a role in almost every bodily function!
  • 75% of the US population are chronically dehydrated.
  • 37% of the US population mistake thirst for hunger.
  • 98% of dieters use water to deter hunger pangs.

So that is what on my mug. They have a smaller mug that has different water facts on it...I will try to get those too and update here.

No comments: