Friday, May 30, 2008

my house

Well, I finally got around to decorating my house. It's not done though, there is still a lot of work to do. But I took some pictures of what I've done so far and here they are. By the way, the books on the bottom of the bookshelf aren't going to stay there...they are just there for right now. I love the red Believe box, it matches perfectly.
My new red velour curtains, new lamp and yep, new picture of Sara.
I should have warned you that I love, love, love patriotic stuff. I love red, white and blue. And I love Texas stuff. But Aaron will only let me decorate the kitchen with it.
Don't you love my Swiffer in the pic. lol Check out the Mason jar on the right. It's actually a gumball machine where you turn this little wooden knob until the hole lines up and the gumball can roll out....definitely the coolest item I have right now.
My Mary Englebreit corner in the kitchen. I love ME stuff and I have a lot more of it packed away somewhere. My favorite is the rooster cookbook holder. Most of the books are ME craft books. She is awesome.
The wall above my kitchen table, taken from the recliner in the living room.
This is the wall right above the computer desk. In between the fridge and the kitchen window. Did I also mention I love roosters? When I finish the other side of my kitchen, I will share my rooster stuff.
Top of the fridge. I love my new kitchen angel my mom gave me. And this is where I have my Texas Longhorn stuff. I even have a Mary's Moo Moo's longhorn. Notice the Coke can....it's from when they won the National Champoinship in 2006. I paid $10 for it on ebay....who the heck pays that much for a soda can? lol
My Mary Englebreit curtains my mom made me. They aren't staying there but it's okay for now. Underneath is my new collection of birdhouses coutesy of my mom. She likes to buy stuff and then passes it on to me when she doesn't want it anymore....I don't mind. I shall refer you to the wall above my kitchen table...almost every bit of it is from my mom.
So that is it for now. Like I said, I'm not done with the house so there will be more to come. I encourage everyone to take pics of their favorite places in their house and blog them. I think it really gives you more of an idea of the person themselves.
I'm sure it surprises people a little when they see how much patriotic stuff I have....I don't think they expect that. I don't know, maybe not.
So when you blog your spots, let me know so I can go check them out!!!








1 comment:

Dawn Endres said...

OMGosh! I love it! A friend of my grandmothers had patriotic stuff all over her house too. It looks like someone threw up red, white, and blue everywhere! LOL... I just love all of you decorations. Nice job!