Monday, January 17, 2011

My Christmas Decor

I have always loved Christmas. Growing up, I spent my Christmas breaks at my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Jim's house. She is my dad's great aunt and quite possibly my favorite relative of all.

Every Christmas Eve our whole family would go to her house to be together. The adults would go play cards in the garage and I would make money bringing them whatever they wanted...drinks, food, etc. There weren't any other cousins or kids close to my age so I made out pretty good.

I want my kids to feel like I did when I was a kid. That Christmas is a time of excitement, wonder and love. A love for Jesus. A love for our family and friends. I want them to look back on Christmas at our house and have an instant warm and cozy comforting feeling wash over them.

And I think that having our whole house "in the Christmas spirit" helps give that feeling. Next year I plan on having a tree in every room and a wreath on every door! It does help that my mom makes beautiful wreaths and she let me borrow a bunch of them!

Okay, so on to the Christmas decor. This is our main tree in the living room. I went with a new color scheme this year and I wasn't a big fan of it. I will be changing it up for next Christmas. The ornaments are brown. hot pink, teal and a little bit of orange and lime green.


This is my kitchen tree. I have a bunch of Mary Englebreit stuff in my kitchen and last year on clearance I found Mary Englebreit coffee mug and teapot ornaments! Other than that, I just stuck a bunch of cookie cutters and a couple of Christmas cards.


I LOVE NUTCRACKERS!! Really, I do. When I was nine years old I saw The Nutcracker Suite for the first time. I've since taken Emma to see it twice at Christmas. It was too busy for us this year with packing, moving and unpacking.

I've already planned on putting this in my bathroom next year. The Nutcracker will serve as my inspiration for that room. I can't wait to see Sara's face when we go to the ballet. Emma has been to Bass Hall in Fort Worth a few times, but Sara never has and it is a really beautiful place to watch the ballet.


My favorite tree of the house! My guest bath tree is obviously snowflake themed. Just a tad.

I wanted it to look like it had been attacked by snowflakes.

The cat follows me around during the day. I think he misses Emma when she is in school.






So that is pretty much it for this years decor. Hope you liked it!

No comments: