Monday, April 28, 2008

my Canon printer

Just over a month ago Aaron went and bought a new computer and a new printer for me. The printer is a Canon MP970 (pictured above). It is one big ol printer!

It's actually pretty cool because it is an all-in-one so it can copy (both color and b&w), print and scan. Plus it has a pretty neat feature of being able to print pictures from negatives. It is actually meant to be a photo printer but I need it for copying school stuff more than anything.

So anyways, one day it decided to break. It kept showing an error that there was a paper jam and to clear it. There was no paper in the printer at all. But somehow or another I managed to clear it and got it working again. Then a week later it broke again. Same error message.

Now my first thought was to take it back. For one, I love Hewlett Packard products so I wasn't too happy when Aaron brought a Canon home to me. Plus he paid $300 for it. Who pays that much for a printer?! But since it's been more than 30 days, I couldn't take it back and so I sat here pouting that Aaron wasted $300 on a Canon when he should have gotten a Hewlett Packard to begin with.

Wow, this story is way longer than I thought it would be. Anyways, I called Canon today to see if they could help me fix it. They couldn't. So they gave me two options. Take it to a service center to be fixed or they could send me a new printer. What?!?!?! I will take the new printer, thanks. There is a 1 year manufacturers warranty on the printer. That rocks.

That is how Hewlett Packard is too but they never offered to send me a replacement printer! They always want to send you the parts for you to fix it and keep trying that way until they would finally give in and agree to replace.

So all in all, I am pretty happy with how Canon is handling this. The printer is cool (when it works) and so I thought I would share my experience. That's all. I know, boring.

No comments: