Thursday, April 10, 2008

my surgery

So I had my surgery this morning. They took out 3 wisdom teeth and 1 broken permanent teeth. The had to knock me out completely and it only took like 45 minutes. Apparently once they gave me some funny gas I thought that I was quite the comedian.



The oral surgeon was trying to find a vein in the back of my hand and she was slapping it. She said "they don't want to come out" and I said "maybe it's because they don't like to be spanked". lol Yeah I crack myself up. Then she told me I had small veins and I said "that's what she said" and the nurse started cracking up and that made me crack up. But what she didn't know was that the other nurse really had told me that so it wasn't meant as a joke...but her laughing got me going.



When I left, I was not pleased. I have a crap load of gauze in my mouth, I was thirsty and having a lot of trouble swallowing because my mouth was so dry. I begged the nurse to rub an ice cube across my tongue but no such luck. Oh, and here's the strange part. When I came to right away I asked the nurse if she had 2 sons. She said yes. I then asked her if they were 8 and 6 years old and she said yes. I told her that they came to me and told me that it was going to be okay.

Seriously, how freaky is that?! Aaron asked me if she had told me before or if I had seen any pictures and I told him no, that I never talked to her before and there weren't any personal pictures in the office at all. Strange but cool.



I kept the gauze in as long as possible. But from my eyes down my entire face was numb and I couldn't feel my bottom lip at all. The inside of my cheeks were so swollen I accidentally bit them. Not too bad though. The swelling has really gone down now but the stitches HURT!!! And my cheek bones hurt and so does my head. She gave me some 7.5's and that is perfect.



What sucked is that Aaron had to go to work. He was supposed to have today off to hang out and help me out. But some big wig's are coming through to his store (today or tomorrow I guess) and he has been cleaning it like crazy.

Well, I am feeling sick and ucky so I am gonna go lay down.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hope yo're feeling much better now! Glad it went well.
I remember when I got mine out (I was a teenager), I kept telling *everyone* (the surgeon too) that the surgeon was hot. I was mortified when I found out I was saying that. lol