Friday, September 4, 2009

Family Movie Night

Since today is Friday it is our Family Movie Night! Tonight's choice was Race to Witch Mountain. Pretty good movie, I love Dwayne Johnson movies!

Look what I found in my cabinet! Some local Texas honey....what did I do with it?

Drizzled it all over some cornbread!!

Main course for dinner tonight was actually some homemade chili I've been cooking since early afternoon. I add a little cheese and sour cream to mine, oh so good! (I hate washing chili dishes, so I went with plastic)

Here is Sara measuring water for the cupcakes we made! Earlier I made some homemade cream cheese frosting and she helped me make some spice and pumpkin spice cupcakes. If you like cream cheese frosting, homemade is the way to go!!!

It is so easy. 1 1/2 pkg softened cream cheese, 1/2 stick softened butter, combine until creamy, slowly add powdered sugar (about 4-5 cups), again combine until creamy. Let it set in the fridge for about 30 minutes or so. That's it, but it's a world of difference in taste!!

All snuggled up for the movie.

She crashed out like maybe 10 minutes into it! Emma and Daddy made a palette on the floor but wouldn't let me take their pic. Emma fell asleep about 20 minutes into it.

Last one up!

So he got to enjoy my wonderfully fantastic hot chocolate. I would share my secret recipe but then I would have to kill you. Seriously, I would.

The boys opted for both marshmallows and whipped cream....topped with chocolate sprinkles! Ohh La La

As soon as it was over Anthony put himself to bed.


Even though the girls crashed out, we still had a really great family night. We own the movie so they can watch it anytime they want. It's a fun tradition for the school year, I highly recommend it!

I think that we will make Sunday's Family Game Night since we have an entire closet full of games and we all love to hang out with each other.

Hope y'all had a good Friday!!



No comments: