Wednesday, November 21, 2007

almost Thanksgiving

We are on break for Thanksgiving and I have to admit that I can't wait for school to start back up. Not just for my kids but for public school kids too! It's so crowded everywhere you go when the kids are off of school.

We are going to my mom's tomorrow for Thanksgiving. It is so nice to not have to worry about cooking! I talked her into buying the Jennie-O turkey that comes in a bag ready to go into the oven. We've had the boneless turkey breast version and it is soooo good! No hassle there, just throw it in and cook it....no stuffing it, no de-stuffing it :)

The kids are making Thankful Trees today to read aloud tomorrow before dinner. We are also making friendship bracelets and their choice of indian headbands (complete with real feathers) or Pilgrim hats. That should be fun!

I got one of Anthony's Christmas presents in the mail. He is going to be so excited, it's a camcorder. He has been asking to use mine but I keep telling him no (as if I'm gonna hand over a $400 camcorder and let him play with it)! So I found a great deal on Amazon for a cute little camcorder that only set me back $65. That's right, $65 for a camcorder!! It records pretty darn well and has good sound to it. Now on Amazon the cheapest you can find it is $75 and then there is a $199 one! He wants to use it to record skateboarding tricks. He is just so darn cute!

We are going so simple this year with presents for the kids. Just 3 each. Well, a couple of luttle ones thrown in here and there ;)

This is what we have for Anthony:
Fly Fuzion Pen with a 1 yr. subscription to download their software free
MP3 player with some preloaded songs
Camcorder

Emma:
Littlest Pet Shop Whirly Playground with extra pets
Webkinz
?? I've changed my mind on a gift so I'm lost again!

Sara:
My Little Pony Teapot playset with extra ponies
Webkinz
?? probably something Dora!

I don't know what I'm getting my mom yet. Oh wait, yes I do. But she read's me blog so I'm not gonna post it here.....but she's gonna love it! ;) I'm making it of course, we don't like those pre-bought presents! lol But this one is gonna be the best yet I promise!

Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments: