Friday, November 30, 2007

The Golden Compass

I have heard a lot about this movie and the trilogy of books lately. After talking with Aaron, we have decided not to invest any money or time in this movie. Our kids will not see it. I know that some people probably think it's not a big deal and it looks like a cool movie (I agree, it does look cool). But sometimes you have to draw a line, and this is it for us.

From my understanding, the movie is a watered down version of the first book. In the third book the kid's kill God. Of course you could reason that your kid's know better than that....but why put the thought in their head to begin with? My children love God, they love Jesus and frankly if I told them that the book included that, I think they would choose for themselves not to see it.

Here is the report from Snopes about the movie so you can read and decide for yourselves.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

No comments: