Tuesday, February 23, 2010

exhausting day

I've had such an exhausting day today! I've been on the go, go, go.

About three weeks ago I managed to lose my drivers license after a night out with our friends. I have not been able to find it so I finally went down to the DPS today and got a new license. When they print the temporary paper license, it includes a picture of you. I thought that was pretty cool.

After getting my license I came home and ordered a copy of my birth certificate from California and they only offer one shipping option and that is to pay $19 for UPS to deliver me my birth certificate. That charge is on top of the $20 I had to pay for the certificate itself. So there went $39!

The county I'm from requires you to have a verification letter printed, notarized and faxed to them before they will mail your birth certificate out to you. For whatever reason, my brand new computer would not pull up the document. So off to the library I went to have it printed off. Then off to the bank to have it notarized.

From there I had to grab some groceries, hoping that the store would offer fax services. They didn't. Off to Target to buy new sheets that are on sale. Completely forget to check if they offer fax service. Someone told me the post office could fax stuff. Nope. Finally got to a mail box place that does offer fax service. But the fax wouldn't go through. Errrr

So I called information to get the number for the county recorder, then patiently waited for their automated service to finally send my call to a live person. I had the right fax number, the problem must me on my end. The lady tried again, this time with success!!

Now I have to wait a week to get my birth certificate and then I can start the process of getting my passport. yay

When I sent Aaron a text complaining about all of the running around I had to do, he texted back with this....

"u r doing it for Paris"

He's right. I am. I love him. And we are one step closer to going to Paris.

No comments: