Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mardi Gras 2010

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!
(Let the good times roll)

Yesterday was Fat Tuesday and Aaron took me out to Duke's to celebrate Mardi Gras. Here we are just before we headed out.

They had a tent set up in the parking lot with a live band playing. They were dressed from the 70's, complete with cheesy wigs. They were actually pretty good. Plus they played a Journey song and that made me incredibly happy. Especially since I was on my 3rd cocktail by then! lol

We weren't out for long, only about two hours, but we had a lot of fun.

They had a parade float with people throwing beads. I'm really glad I have a tall husband because he snagged a ton of beads for me!

I love how I'm blurry in the picture but the girl behind me drinking her beer is in perfect focus. hehe

Ahhhh my love.

This year was the first time we bought a king cake for Mardi Gras. It was delicious!! The kids loved it too...even though there was no token in it. At least we haven't found one yet, there is still a lot left!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Fat Tuesday!!

No comments: