Monday, February 1, 2010

It's My Anniversary!!!

Today is my anniversary. My FIVE year anniversary since I quite smoking!! YAY me!!


I was so stupid and started smoking when I was 21. I was a smoker for 7 years and finally quit 5 years ago. It was the best decision I have ever made in my entire life!! If you are a smoker and have been wanting to quit, DO IT!! Do it right now today!

I used the patch to help me. It's a 3 month program but I could only use it for 2 weeks because the adhesive on the patch made me break into a rash wherever I put it...but it worked!

Once I had quit I started getting my sense of smell back and realized how bad I smelled for 7 years!! Seriously, me, my kids, my car, my house, my clothes, even my kids backpacks reeked of cigarettes. Like a stale, dirty ashtray. Ewwww

I used to dread getting sick because it always lasted forever, especially sore throats and coughing. Now when I get sick I actually thank goodness that I'm not a smoker anymore. It really is like you are stepping into a whole new life and it's an awesome one!

Plus all of the money I saved! I went through a carton of cigarettes a week and I estimate that quitting has saved me around $12,000. Twelve thousand dollars!!!! That is ridiculous!

So like I said, if you are thinking about quitting, know that you CAN do it! It's only hard at first and then it gets easier. And it's definitely not something you will regret!!




No comments: