Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homemade Valentine Cards

Last year was the first year that the girls made their own valentine's for their class and they turned out so beautiful. You can check them out here.

I have to admit that doing it this way is NOT cheaper than store bought valentines. I spent over $30 for all of the stuff. But to me, it is worth it, although it takes several days to get them all made.

Here are the supplies...I bought a colored card stock pack and carefully measured, marked and cut out each card before using scalloped scissors to do the edges.

Chip board words and shapes are awesome.

I about fell over when I saw these guinea pig stickers at Walmart. I love my guinea pig Scotty so much I could burst!! lol

Foam and felt stickers.

You can't make a valentine without glitter!!

Or glitter glue!! If you have never tried glitter glue, go buy some right now!!! It dries so glittery without making a mess of loose glitter falling off. It is a MUST-HAVE for any crafter!!




Some of Emma's finished valentines.


And some of Sara's.

No comments: