Sunday, June 1, 2008

adding stuff to the blog

I've decided not to have a seperate homeschool blog anymore. Mainly because I prefer to blog right here on Blogger.com, I like the format better, and it's easier to post pictures.

And since I am combining the two, check out for new stuff being added to the right sidebar (under the pictures). I've already listed the curriculum we plan on using and the field trips we have planned.

I think that this is going to be the best year of homeschooling yet. I'm breaking away from pre-planned curriculums and putting stuff together myself. That way we aren't stuck with boring stuff and can concentrate on more of the thing's the kid's enjoy. And it is way easier to teach when they are having fun.

Plus all 3 will be starting Chemistry, so they can have that time together and help each other with experiments. Anthony's Chemistry is just a more in-depth version suited better for his grade level...so they will be learning the same things, just Anthony will have a more advanced understanding of it.

I am beyond excited about seeing King Tut at the Dallas Museum of Art. It has been 30 years since the exhibit has visited the U.S. and they are bringing some stuff that hasn't been here before. Did you know that King Tut's death mask isn't allowed to leave Egypt? I found that interesting.

The exhibit isn't cheap though...the group rate (for 10 or more) is $24.50 for adults, $32.50 on the weekends, Students and yunger $15.00. If those are the group rates, I can only imagine the non-group rates! You can pre-register for tickets here.

I could only plan so many field trips since the kids will be pretty busy this fall. In August Emma starts sewing lessons on Mondays. She will also have horseback riding lessons twice a month and they will all have homeschool P.E. three times a week. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments: