Basically, this give you a list of all of the great sales at your favorite stores and match them up to the coupons from the Sunday paper for you. It's something that you can totally do yourself, but it saves a lot of time and hassle to have it laid out for you.
So today I wanted to share with you the savings I recieved at CVS. All of the numbers are minus any sales tax.
- Gillette Fusion Phenom Razor $11.99 x2
- Dawn Botanical Dish Soap $ 1.79 x2
- Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color $9.95
- Crest Whitening Toothpaste $1.77 x2
- Colgate Advanced Whitening Toothpaste $3.99 x2
The total price for this items (excluding sales and coupons) is : $49.03
I paid a total of $9.49!!!!
This is how I did it.
- Gillette Razor $11.99-sale price $9.99-$4.oo coupon-$4 Extra Bucks back printed on the receipt (I actually used a second CVS card to get that coupon). After Extra Bucks, it made the razor $1.99.
- Dawn Dish Soap x 2 $1.79 ea.-sale price 2/$2-2 coupons for 75 cents off ea.-made them .25 cents each.
- Clairol Hair Color- $9.95- sale price $5.99-$4.00 coupon- made it $1.99
- Crest x 2-$1.77 ea. (which is the sale price) 2 coupons for .75 cents ea.- made them $1.02 each.
- Colgate x 2-$3.99-sale price-buy 1 get 1-2 coupons for 1.50 off-made them .49 cents each.
- Gillette Razor-$11.99-sale price $9.99-$4.00 coupon-$4 Extra Bucks on the receipt made it $1.99.
That adds up to: $7.50. So add the two transactions up and it's $9.49 before tax! A savings of $39.54!!
Not too bad huh? A big part of the Grocery Game is stockpiling items. That is exactly what I did when it somes to the dish soap and the toothpaste. If you don't have a need for so much of the same item, you can always donate to a homeless shelter or a church.