Saturday, September 1, 2007

1st bento lunches

Here are pictures of the 1st bento lunches I tried to put together. I'm sure that I will get better at it over time! Also some of the snacks we picked up at the Asian Grocery.


The big box are some chocolate teddy graham type cookies but they are really gross and have a layer of grease on them. Yuck! The 2 containers on the left of the box are biscuit sticks with either chocolate or strawberry cream to dip the sticks in. They aren't too bad at all. In the middle are marshmallows filled with jelly. You can get strawberry, grape, blueberry or ? I can't remember! lol And then we have the little jello shots. Aren't they cute? Totally alcohol free! lol

For this lunch we had grapes, jello's, marshmallw treat, the little Hello Kitty box had pretzel sticks in it. Then we have 1 hard boiled egg cut in 2, a butterfly sandwich, 2 prok dumplings and 1 chicken & veggie dumpling. Let me add that if I had steamed the dumplings right it probably would have been great! lol
My 2nd favorite lunch so far! Obviously goldfish crackers, carrots, little box of ranch, cheese sticks, small round sandwich filled with cream cheese and jelly. Then heart-shaped sandwiches with cream cheese, ham and american cheese. Awesome!! The tra yat the bottom has Mickey Mouse shaped cheese.
This is Anthony's lunch the day of the 1st pic with the dumplings. The only difference on Anthony's is that he had a ham and cheese sandwich cut into dinosaurs.
My fav lunch! At top we have carrots with a container of ranch. The tray to the left is raisins and fruit cocktail. The tray on the right is rice (shaped with one of the Hello Kitty ranch containers), BBQ meatballs (soooo good), brocolli, and then jello and a marshmallow treat.
So that is all we have so far. The kids enjoy them, I love making them. It's great! I just wish that I would have heard of it sooner!!

No comments: