Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Food...mmmmmm

For dinner last night I decided to make King Ranch Casserole. Now I have always had it with Velveeta and the tortillas were mixed up with everything else. I did it more of a lasagna layered style with shredded cheddar cheese.

This is how I made it....I boiled and cut up 3 frozen chicken breasts, then mixed the chicken together with 1 family size can of Cream of chicken soup (you are supposed to put in 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom, but we don't like mushrooms), then a little of the chicken broth, 1/2 chopped onion and 1 can of ro-tel. Then I cut up corn tortilla's and put them at the bottom of a buttered casserole dish, then I added 1/2 of the chicken/soup mix, then cheese, then more tortillas, soup mix and cheese. Put it in the oven at 350 for like 45-60 minutes (I took it out when the cheese looked the way it does in the pic). It was great. I only wish that I would have put more tortillas in it and I will next time.

I remembered to take a picture of Aaron's lunch last night before I went to bed. For him I have a wrap that is cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, slice of muenster, clice of colby jack, and southwest turkey. The wrap is one of those Mission Tortilla's Plus that is "Heart Healthy". Right above the wrap is string cheese, then we have a fruit cup with strawberries, grapes and underneath is cantaloupe. Then a Fruitabu Smooshed Fruit roll-up, some cheddar bunnies, chocolate bunnies and a little macaroni salad. The fruit looks good...mmmmm lol


The kids are watching one of the Land Before Time movies, which is neat because we are finishing up our Dinosaur unit this week....but it's cutting into school time!! We got the kids up early this morning so that they will go to bed early! We took them swimming last night with the hopes that it would wear them out but it didn't work! lol

Poor Sara hasn't taken napes since she was about 2 so I think it is best for the girls to lay down after we do school. Only for an hour and then they can get up and have lunch. Later I will take them swimming before dinner. That's the plan for the day anyways!!

No comments: