Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wishing I was in Seattle

I am so wishing I was in Seattle today. I bet it is beautiful there right now. It's 58 degrees and cloudy. Perfect. We would hve to wear sweaters or jackets. Wow imagine dressing for cold weather in September...in Texas you might as well wait until like January! It's 78 degrees in Lewisville today.

If I had the money (which I never will) I would choose to live in the city of Seattle itself. Now I didn't get to explore all of it when we were there in February but I really liked the neighborhood we drove through to get to Bruce Lee's grave. They had beautiful houses there and it was high on a hill and you could see the water from there.

Seattle is seriously a beautiful city. People were everywhere and it felt like home. I think part of this was the fact that the trees were just like the trees I grew up around in California. Huge trees. I told Aaron that he would be surprised at how big they were and he kinda ignored me about it. Until he saw them for himself! lol I have a picture of him under a tree at Mt. Rainier and you can barely make him out I had to go so far away just to try and get the whole tree in the picture and I still didn't make it.


We rode the ferry like 4 times. That was one of my favorite parts. The first time we did was by accident. We turned in and you are automatically in a line to load up. It was incredible! I have ridden on a ferry twice before but it wasn't like these!! My 2 ferry rides before this consisted of going to Mackinac Island, Michigan on a small ferry that didn't hold cars (because no cars are allowed on the island) and riding the ferry over to Alcatraz Island. Again, no cars on it. These car ferries in Seattle are HUGE!!! You park and walk up stairs and then you are inside where there is a cafe, tables and seats everywhere. You can go outside on a balcony area but the ferry is going so fast that you get totally wind blown. I chose to stay inside and Aaron stayed outside. Lucky duck, he got to see seals swimming alongside the ferry. How cool is that?!


The Pike Place Market wasn't as cool as I thought it would be but it was still pretty neat. We ate at a little (and by little I mean tiny tiny) shop called Piroshky Piroshky....mmmmmmm That place is awesome. And they sell little apple shaped Martinelli's apple juice bottles. Aaron had never seen them before. I remember them from childhood. That is the best apple juice ever!!! Tastes like sucking on an apple! lol But I have a link on the side of the page to the Piroshky bakery so check it out!





Of course right up the street is the original Starbucks. And it looks just like any other Starbucks in the world!! haha They do have this big medallion thing that we took our picture by.


Ok, I'm sure no one really cares about our little trip but I'm missing that place so bad today. I know that I will get there.....and soon!!!!! So there is just a tiny bit of my trip....there was so much more but I'll talk about that another time.

Ok I have one picture. We timed our visit to the Space Needle so that we got there during the day and stayed until dark. It's kinda expensive to go to the top so we figured that it would be the best thing to do. Beautiful, stunning, magnificent. I thought that I would love the water view the best but I actually preferred the city view. During the day you can see Mt. Rainier from there and at night the city lights up and it's awesome.


I have to say that it is definitly in competition with the view from atop Twin Peaks in San Francisco. That is a wonderful view of S.F., Oakland, Sausalito, you can just see everywhere up there (if it's not foggy which it was on our honeymoon so I couldn't share that with Aaron).

Back to Seattle and the Space Needle....















1 comment:

Monya R. said...

Seattle! How fun - I'm jealous! The last vacation we took was to Boerne, TX....woooooooo :)

I meant to tell you, I LOVE the new layout!! I still haven't figured out how to change mine, but I'm dying to... how do you do it?