Tuesday, September 18, 2007

another bento lunch today

We went grocery shopping last night and I bought a bunch of new snacks for the kids to try for their lunches. Keeping bento in mind, we got all kids of little treats that will fit easy into their boxes. Below is a picture of the lunch I made for the girls....
The only difference in the 2 boxes is that Sara has raisins and Emma doesn't. I made them cream cheese and turkey "sushi", flower shaped muenster cheese, orange flavored kids yogurt (it took up a lot of room..lol), grapes, strawberry halves and some cheddar bunnies.

Aaron took his lunch too but I didn't take a picture of it. In fact, he wanted to keep it hidden. He was a little emberressed that I used one of the kids Hello Kitty bento boxes! lol For him I made a chicken salad sandwich, fruit kabobs (cantaloupe, grapes & strawberries), small container of potato salad, port wine cheddar with ritz crackers, a small snack size cheese, raisins and 3 mint oreo's. He is at work for about 12 hours so this way it can double for his breakfast and lunch and snack.

I made him take the Sunkist to work with him. Half a box has been sitting in my fridge for almost a week since I decided to quit drinking it. I still haven't had any soda and finally I crave water!!! BUt of course I forgot to buy water! lol

When we went to the store we made the decision to not buy anymore processed cheese. That means no more Kraft singles or Velveeta (eek!). I'm making King Ranch Casserole tonight and I am using shredded cheese instead of Velveeta. Hopefully it will turn out just as good! I'm making it lasagna style like Central Market does theirs. They don't put Velveeta in theirs and they charge a fortune, so maybe mine will be okay too! lol

We are trying to avoid Red Dye 40 and Yellow 5 when we can. We are hoping that if we try harder to control his diet that Anthony will be able to calm down and maybe not need so much medicine. The goal is to be off of medicine! Plus eating healthier is good for the rest of us.

No comments: