Wednesday, September 19, 2007

kids lunches

We are done with school for today. This was a really short day for the kids which works out better for me because I have laundry to hang up. In 15 minutes the girls are laying down for a rest. No tv. Anthony isn't going to rest, he is going to work on his History Pocket. They finished their school work just in time for Word World. I really like that show.

So here are their lunches. Emma had chocolate bunnies, heart shaped piece of muenster cheese, FruitaBu apple roll-up, cream cheese and turkey "sushi", string cheese and strawberries. She loved every bit of it and I gave all of them an organic sucker(http://www.yummyearth.com) as an extra treat.

Anthony basically had the same thing. His fruit rollup was grape and he didn't have strawberries or the heart cheese.


Sara is a bit tired today and just wanted cheese. Boy she got a lot of cheese. It is cut into tiny little chunks though. Chocolate bunnies, grapes and strawberries which she gave to Emma). I am really glad that my kids love fruit so much! The treats I have for them aren't sugar free but they are sweetened with organic cane juice rather than high fructose corn syrup, sugar or artificial sweetener. All of their treats are organic and I make sure that I give them a lot of fruit. All of our breakfast stuff is all natural or organic too! We have cereal, oatmeal, whole wheat pancakes, banana waffles, whole wheat flax waffles and eggs enriched with omega 3.

As far as drinks go we have water water water! We also have milk, Simply Orange OJ, limeade and lemonade. There is a little grape juice here for Anthony. I have some Kern's Strawberry Banana Nectar-ahhhhhh!!!!! That stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I used to drink it when I lived out in California in my very early 20's. The only place I can find it here is at the Tom Thumb on 3040 and (Valley?/Edmonds?). I can never remember which of those that street is....I think it's Valley. Anyway, go try it!! The sell it in single cans less than a dollar each (I think)...so worth it!!

I think back to when the kids were in school and how they ate at the cafeteria everyday...all that junk! I think that school are making baby steps towards healthier meals but it still has a long ways to go. I am just really glad that my kids are able to be at home with me and I know what they are putting into their bodies. I love that I know what they are learning too...that is pretty cool. The other daywe were driving down 121 and we were passing Teacher's Tools and Anthony asked me if I had ever been in there and I told him that it had been awhile and I wanted to go back in there....so he put his hand on my shoulder, smiled at me and said "I'd expect that a teacher would want to go in there"....isn't that sweet? He is such a cutie!!


No comments: