Saturday, September 29, 2007

Bastille Day donation

I tried to do a slideshow but it wouldn't come up on here so I had to post the pictures seperate. Back in July I donated a hair bow and pillowcase dress for a Bastille Day fundraiser hosted by Bonnie Ruth's restaurant in Frisco.

I can no longer get the fabric I used in the pillowcase dresses so I offered the auction winner 14 hair bows instead. She had no problem with that! lol Since I am wanting to start making bow holders (and name letters) in January when I open up Brown Bag Bows, he suggested that I make her one for being so understanding.

I'm sure she has an idea of what I'm making her since I asked her what her daughter's name was and what color her room was. She said that she had no theme to her room but she liked lime green and pink. So this is the bow holder I made her. The butterflies are 3-D and I put little sayings around it. Her daughter is around 3 (judging by the size dress she originally ordered). I am really happy with it and I hope she will be too!

I have 12 of the 14 hair bows made, but I still have a simple 1 layer black, white and I am throwing in a Christmas bow. I will updated this post later with the pic of those. So tell me what you think!





Here are the bows. The 1st one is teal and brown, then blue & white (I was thinking of school uniforms when I made this one), and a double layer red.

These are fun bows! The 1st is a watermelon bow (my faaaaavorite!!!!), the 2nd is a double layer pink, then a brown and pink (my signature bow).
These are more funky. We have a pink zebra bow, hot pink and leopard and a birthday bow (which is layered with polka dots, spikes with stars, and birthday cakes on the top ribbon).
Fall bows. The 1st one is just a beautiful bow (espeically in person), the 2nd is for October and the last is a Halloween bow with black cats and punpkins on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the bow holder is BEAUTIFUL & the bows are great - if my daughter was still little I'd definately order bows from you & of course the holder too, have to have some place to keep them so they stay nice. GREAT JOB - good luck with your website - if they see them they will buy them!!!