Wednesday, September 5, 2007

play food

Last night I was talking on the phone to my mom and I told her about wanting to make the girls some play food made of felt. She was like "ok" and today I sent her an e-mail link showing her what I was talking about and then she understood. She thought they were cute.

So today I went and spent $6 at Walmart buying felt to make the kids their felt play food. And here it is so far! We've got pancakes with a pat of butter, slices of white cheese and american cheese, 2 fried eggs, pats of butter in the middle, pickles, bacon and a leaf of lettuce. No it isn't perfect but it's just for the girls to play with and they love them. Sara is a little impatient waiting for the eggs and cheese, but she's happy now! lol


The top egg I had hand sewn all the way around and thought it looked too messy so I made the bottom one with my sewing machine. I did hand sew the yolk on though. The eggs are stuffed with batting to make them poufy.
The lettuce turned out smaller than I wanted and Emma told me it's a big pickle! lol The pickles were the easiest and funnest (is that a real word?) thing to make.
The pancakes are stuffed with batting too. I used brown for the bacon and Aaron said "you burnt it" and I told him "just for you honey" lol
The rest of this week and this weekend I am making food. My mom said that I need to get a life. I have to agree but as long as the kids do school and the house is clean, let me be! lol

No comments: