Tuesday, September 11, 2007

no school today

Well we didn't have school today. We had to go out to Frisco to pick up Anthony's prescription from his pediatrician. Then drive all the way back to Lewisville to have it filled. Then we decided to go visit Aaron at his store since we hadn't been out there yet. I got to meet his boss who was really nice.

I needed some groceries so I stopped at a grocery store right up the street from his work called Market Street. I had never been in one before and it reminded me of Whole Foods but more of a regular grocery store. It had the earthy decoration feel of Whole Foods. Not bad prices depending on what you were getting and what they had on sale. Luckily everything I needed was on sale!

They had this lady giving out samples of baked beans and Emma wanted to try them. They were the best baked beans I have ever had! So they had recipe cheets and I snagged one. The recipe is from Paula Deen so that is pretty cool. Here it is...

Apple Honey Baked Bean Casserole
1 cup diced onion
1 (28 oz) can of Bush's Honey Baked Beans
1 cup diced Granny Smith apple
1 tbsp Jack Daniel's Hickory Smoke Mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
5 strips Farmland Hickory Smoked Bacon, slightly cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium skillet, slightly cook bacon until almost crisp. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the bacon and mix well. Pour into baking dish and lay the bacon on top.
3. Cover and bake for approx. 45 min. or until thick and bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 min. more.
Makes 6 servings
I like baked beans right out of the can (heated of course) just the way they are and I told Aaron that I never understood why people had to make an already good thing more complicated...this coming from someone who makes biscuits from scratch instead of from a can or Bisquick...lol!! But now I understand! These are sooooo awesome!! I told him that the next time I have to being food for Bunko I am bringing this! I have Bunko on Monday but I don't have to bring food until next month (I think).
I wasn't planning on missing school so that irritates me. I don't like to get off task. We are studying dinosaurs right now and I have some awesome projects for the kids to do. I have a ton of laundry to do tomorrow and that just makes it worse! lol I think I will get it done before I get the kids up....no Sara helping me fold this time..lol
Well it is late and I am soooooo tired....I need to start going to bed early!!!!

No comments: