Tuesday, September 9, 2008

yesterday and today

I have a couple of days worth of pictures of the girl's doing school. I take the picture's as more of a reminder of what we did for the year. This way over the summer the girl's and I can scrapbook them. I have tons of scrapbooking stuff that I don't do anything with, so I decided that it will be a summer project.
These pic's are from yesterday. The girl's made two little "days of the week" books to help them remember.





We started our money unit. They are only dipping into money a little. I'm saving the majority of the money info for next year when we will also study the president's. So the are basically learning what each coin is and how much it's worth.




After school we did a little baking and Sara helped. We decided to make two different kinds of muffins. Apple cinnamon and blueberry cheesecake.


Adding a little extra cinnamon.








These pic's are from today.


We went over what sounds we heard inside the house and outside the house. It's setting them up for letter sounds. Really I can't wait for next week's language arts when they actually start learning to read. But until then, we are just doing what the book tell's us. Here is Emma showing me the splash sound it makes when the car tire's hit the water on the ground.

Sara is making the sound of the car driving.

Counting money. They remember a little about the field trip we made last year to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth to see how money was made. We will probably make the same field trip next year when they are a little older and can remember better.




Putting together compound words for their Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball's lapbook. That thing has so much info on it, it seems to be taking forever to get it finished.






So that is the end of our day. Anthony is working on an Ancient China lapbook and he should be done with it tomorrow so I will have pic's. He is also going to start a panda lapbook, since panda's are native to China. And then he is done with Ancient China and moving on to Ancient Greece? Or Rome? I can never remember which one is first.

No comments: