Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cafe Chat

I've totally been bad about keeping up with Cafe Chat. In all honesty I totally forgot about it, I will try to be better at remembering it. If you want to join in, feel free. Just click on the picture on the right sidebar (towards the bottom) and it will take you there!

If you were deserted on an island
for 1 year with absolutely no connection
to the outside world (not even one person),
what 3 things would you bring with you?

It didn't take me long to figure out my three things. I thought about this recently when I was watching Big Brother. The only reading material they are allowed (besides the rule manual) is a bible. What a great choice. It has drama, romance, death, action, lessons to be learned. It is the perfect book.

1. Bible-for the above stated reasons.

2. ginormous (I think that's a real word) notebook & pen (with a lot of ink)- what a great time to read the bible and reflect. Can you imagine how many wonderous insights you would have after being alone with just your thoughts and God? I wonder how much His word would speak to you when it was over. I wonder if you would even want to go back to real life.

3. my camera with unlimited memory and batteries- do you like how specific that is? lol The camera thing should be a no-brainer for anyone who knows me. I think that I could possibly forget how to breathe without my camera. It's my lifeline.

Okay, where is this island? I'm ready to go!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had never even thought about a camera! What a wonderful idea, thanks!

And yes, I can only imagine the revelations a year alone with our Father would bring. Makes me want to find that island.